|OSLHA Research Grant
OSLHA is very pleased to continue its biennial Research Grant Seed Money Award for the upcoming 2017/18 year. We want to demonstrate our investment and commitment to the important research accomplished by our professions and will do so by awarding a research grant up to $1500 to one professional, Doctoral student, Graduate student or undergraduate student during the 2017/18 year.
Please be sure to provide all the information that is requested and adhere to the timelines.
All the applications will be reviewed by a panel of researchers from across the state to select the submission most worthy of financial support. Awardees are asked to present at the OSLHA Convention and submit an article for Communication Matters, as well as provide us with a written summary of the project one it is complete.
We are looking forward to seeing the great research that is being done in Ohio!
- Name of Applicant:
- Applicant’s Highest Degree:
- Indicate which grant you are applying for:
- Masters or Undergraduate Student Research Grant or,
- Doctoral Student or Professional Research Grant
- OSLHA Membership # (must be an OSLHA member to apply):
- If a student (Undergraduate, Masters or Doctoral), please provide the following:
- Name of research supervisor
- Research supervisor’s email and phone number
- University currently attending
Include the following details:
- Experience with topic of Research:
- Applicant Address:
- Applicant Phone #:
- Applicant E-Mail:
- Attach VITA (2 pages maximum)
- Proposed Research Area
a clear and concise description of the purpose, aims and significance
of this research project, and the intended outcomes of the project in
no more than 2 pages.
- Provide a maximum of 3
pages summarizing the background information, literature review,
purpose and methods with references, and a timeline of the project
a proposed itemized Budget for the project summarizing how you will use
the funding (e.g. technical assistance, materials and supplies)
(funding cannot be used toward salary)
documentation of approval of your research and how consent will be
solicited from your subjects. This can be in the form of a current IRB
or documentation of approval from a governing board of your
organization and site where your will be conducting your research.
- If you are a student include your research supervisor’s name and signature.
Requirements of Awardees
1. Agree to file a midyear research progress report 6 months after award is made. This report should be no more than one page.
Agree to file a final itemized financial report by August 30th of the year after
the award was made. Include all receipts and an explanation of how the
money was spent.
Submit a proposal to present the research in a miniseminar or poster
presentation to the OSLHA Convention. You must follow all Convention
submission procedures that are posted on the OSLHA website. This
proposal must be submitted by August 30th of the year after the award
was made. As an attendee at the OSLHA Convention you must pay the
registration fee to attend the OSLHA conference of the next fiscal year.
4. File a final research report by October 30th of the year after the award was made.
Write an article for Communication Matters about your research project results.
Submit this article by November 1st of the year after the award was
1. Submit your proposal by: June 1, 2017.
2. Your proposal will be reviewed by a panel of research experts shortly after June 30, 2017.
3. Awards will be granted and participants notified of results by August 1, 2017.
4. File single page, Mid-Year research progress report by February 28, 2018.
5. File final itimized financial report with all receipts and spreadsheet confirming how funds were spent by August 30, 2018.
6. Submit proposal to present your research findings in the form of a Miniseminar or Poster presentation at the 2019 OSLHA convention by October 1, 2018.
7. File final research report by October 30, 2018.
8. Submit written article for Q2 Communication Matters Newsletter by November 1, 2018.
Additional Information and Qualifications
- Only current OSLHA members can apply for this funding.
- up to $1500 for the selected professional, Doctoral student, Graduate student or undergraduate student recipient
Please send Research Grant proposal by our Deadline of June 1, 2017 to the Research Grant Committee Chair at: OSLHAoffice@ohioslha.org