A. ACTIVE MEMBER - Minimum requirements:
Masters Degree with Speech-Language Pathology and/or Audiology or
Equivalent Title as a major field of study from a recognized
educational institution, or
- Be licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist and/or Audiologist in the State of Ohio, or
- Hold membership in the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association.
requirements may be waived in special circumstances by recommendation
of the Membership and Honors Committee and a 3/4 vote of the
Legislative Council present, given that a quorum has been established,
at a regular Council meeting. Active Members shall uphold the
Association's Code of Ethics. Active members as of January 1, 1984 who
do not meet the current minimum requirements are eligible to maintain
active member status providing that dues are paid each consecutive year.
B. HONORARY MEMBER - Must possess:
- Those qualities of good citizenship and character representative of the profession of communicative disorders; and
- Have made a unique contribution to the field; and
been recommended by the Membership/Honors Committee and approved by a
3/4 vote of the Legislative Council present, given that a quorum has
been established, at a regular Council meeting.
Members shall not be Active Members, but shall have all the powers and
privileges of Members except the right to vote. Such membership is for
life. Dues for Honorary Members shall be waived.
C. ASSOCIATE MEMBER - Must be:
- A graduate and/or undergraduate student in the field of Communication Disorders; or
- A professional of an Allied field (i.e. PT, OT); or
- A consumer of speech, hearing or related services.
Membership is for those interested in the field of Communication
Disorders who do not qualify for Active Membership. Persons may become
Associate Members upon payment of dues provided that they subscribe to
the Association's Code of Ethics. Associate Members shall transfer to
Active Membership upon completion of Active Membership requirements and
payment of appropriate dues. Associate Members receive those benefits
and privileges granted by the Association except for the privilege of
voting and receiving the Association Directory.
D. LIFE MEMBER - Must be:
- Active Members of the Association for twenty five (25) years prior to nomination as a Life Member; and
- Atleast 65 years of age
- Life membership may have a minimal maintenance fee associated to cover the cost of printed materials and clerical support. If you are unsure if your membership has a fee associated with it, please inquire and we will be happy to assist you.* **
for Life Membership status should be sent in writing to the OSLHA Membership Chair, MacKenzie Snyder, M.A., PO Box 309, Germantown, OH. 45327 or faxed to
937.855.4338 no later than May 1st for consideration for the upcoming Fiscal Year. Requests should state eligibility
and include a copy of your driver's license, for verification purposes.
Upon processing of your request, Life Members will be notified and
shall receive those benefits and privileges granted by the Association,
including voting privileges for the next Fiscal Year.
*Membership dues shall be waived for those Life Members accepted prior to July 1, 2012.
**Life Memberships awarded after July 1, 2012 will incur a minimal annual membership maintenance fee to cover the cost of printed materials and clerical support.
Additional services, including insurance, are available for purchase for all Life Members.